Time Management through Effective Planning – for Young Professionals
- Introductory Activity (Prior to Introductory webinar)
1 – Write down your daily and/or weekly schedule/routine as detailed as possible. Use times for each task including meals, snacks, naps, etc.
2- Look at your detailed schedule and highlight tasks that are difficult, take too much time to complete, you don’t like or seem mundane.
- Introductory Webinar (Day 1)
- Introduce each other
(Participants should be ready to share their Name, Job/Profession, Why they are interested in the class and answer the following question, “If there was one thing you could get more of what would it be?”)
- Overview of Course
- What does our schedule say about us and how we are using our time?
- Discuss our schedules and how we can work on the areas we highlighted.
- We will learn to plan with intent by prioritizing and focusing on results/desired outcomes in the next couple activities.
- Independent Assignment 1 (Day2) – Planning with intent
- Completing the difficult tasks
- Thematic Webinar 2 (Day 3)
- Review Independent Assignment 1
- Adjusting schedules
- Results versus “to-do”
- Independent Activity 4 (Day 4) – Results Focused
- Making changes to daily/weekly schedules
- Understanding “pop-up” situations and how to handle those
- Little things that make a big difference
- Webinar (Day 5) – Final Presentation
- We will discuss how our schedule/routine was at the beginning and how it looks now.
- Where do we go from here?