Mini MOOC: Classroom Management for Beginning and Seasoned Teachers
Course description: Effective classroom management is an absolute must. It impacts your ability to be an effective educator and enjoy your job, and it impacts your students’ success as learners.
– Why are teacher-student relationship important?
– How can improving relationships with students affect my instruction?
– What are the best ways to increase student engagement in the classroom?
– What are effective communication techniques?
– Along with Consuelo Maria Johnson, participants who joined this mini MOOC identified classroom management strategies; learnt how to rate the effectiveness of each strategy, and found out how to improve their relationship with their students
Consuelo Maria Johnson earned an Associate’s Degree in Business Administration from James Sprunt Community College, a Bachelor’s Degree from Grand Canyon University in Elementary Education with an Emphasis in Mathematics, and also earned a Master’s in Curriculum and Instruction: Technology, a Master’s in TESOL, and a Master’s in Special Education from Grand Canyon University in Phoenix, Arizona. She has worked in the public school system at E. E. Smith Middle School, Charity Middle School, and Duplin Early College for Duplin County Schools in North Carolina over the past 20 years. She is currently working at Heritage International School as a Cambridge Maths Teacher for stages 4/5, 6, 7, 8 and 9.
GALLERRY: Screenshots from MOOC’S